Host A Donation Drive
Host A Donation Drive!
Here’s a great way to give back to the community while also helping your organization. Nonprofit organizations such as school groups, scout troops or churches can raise funds by hosting a clothing and household items donation drive. Businesses and individuals can also host a collection drive for a 501 (c) 3 organization of their choice. The items donated benefit Disabled American Veterans (DAV) in Missouri, providing vital care and services to military men and women, plus your organization receives cash for your efforts.
3 easy steps to a successful fundraiser:
- Ready, set, go! Select a date and a location where donations can be easily accepted such as a large parking lot or spacious area where donors can drop off their donations of clothing, shoes, small furniture and household items. After your group has decided the details, be sure to contact us at 816-919-3957.
- Market it. Create flyers, call friends and family, and clean out closets and the garage! Rally some volunteers to help organize, lift and unload the donated items!
- Cash in! DAV will pick up the donations and send your organization a check within 10 business days.
Here are some details about having an event!
Payments to the individual organizations are calculated based on the volume (in pounds) that are collected. A minimum of 1,000 pounds or 35 large yard bags are required.
Donated household items (non-clothing) are measured separately and treated as add on value. Large furniture, mattresses, appliances and dangerous products are excluded.
Here are some best practices to ensure that your event is the biggest and best!
- Set a minimum number of bags as the standard/expectation to be collected by each participant (10 bags)
- Incentivize participants and volunteers by awarding the winner with a meaningful prize (highest number of bags collected above the minimum standard)
- Have an adult leader clearly communicate that participation is required by all members in order to be a member of the organization (team)
If you would like more information about a fundraiser for your school, church or other nonprofit organization, fill out the form below! You will be contacted within 72 business hours.